How do you feel?
Happy, confident, peaceful? If you are feeling a positive emotion right now - feel it to the bone, enjoy it, and store this feeling for the hard times.
What if you feel sad, angry or depressed?
Like we all have time to time. It is impossible and unhealthy not to feel these emotions. The important thing is to recover from them as quickly as possible, not to hold on to those feelings. When you feel sad, angry or depressed; first things first:
1. Admit it
2. Own it
3. Feel it
4. Get ready to get rid of it.
Here are some small tips to shake off those negative feelings when you are ready:
- Accept your feelings and allow yourself to feel them. And then tell yourself that it will pass in time. It’s normal to feel sad, angry & upset from time to time, and it will pass.
- Write down your feelings, go wild, don’t think, just write. After a while, you will realize how relaxing it is.
- Do you remember that song that you dance like crazy to at that party? Play it. Better yet...start to do a playlist for yourself to dance like no one is watching…
- Take a shower and visualize washing away all of your negative feelings. Concentrate on the feeling of the water upon your skin. Feel sadness, anger, stress and depression washing off of you. Let the water wash away all the bad energy.
- Take a walk and focus on the road that you walk. Focus on the birds, the trees, the cars, the people. It will help you to clear your mind.
- Make a list of your favourite things. Your favorite songs, favourite movies, favourite people.
- Call a friend just to say hello.
- Look at yourself in the mirror. Look into your own eyes and say “you have survived this far and you will survive this too. You will be much stronger, wiser and happier after all of these feelings are gone”.