How do you feel?
Happy, confident, peaceful? If you are feeling a positive emotion right now - feel it to the bone, enjoy it, and store this feeling for the hard times.
What if you feel sad, angry or depressed?
Like we all have time to time. It is impossible and unhealthy not to feel these emotions. The important thing is to recover from them as quickly as possible, not to hold on to those feelings. When you feel sad, angry or depressed; first things first:
1. Admit it
2. Own it
3. Feel it
4. Get ready to get rid of it.
Here are some small tips to shake off those negative feelings when you are ready:
- Accept your feelings and allow yourself to feel them. And then tell yourself that it will pass in time. It’s normal to feel sad, angry & upset from time to time, and it will pass.
- Write down your feelings, go wild, don’t think, just write. After a while, you will realize how relaxing it is.
- Do you remember that song that you dance like crazy to at that party? Play it. Better yet...start to do a playlist for yourself to dance like no one is watching…
- Take a shower and visualize washing away all of your negative feelings. Concentrate on the feeling of the water upon your skin. Feel sadness, anger, stress and depression washing off of you. Let the water wash away all the bad energy.
- Take a walk and focus on the road that you walk. Focus on the birds, the trees, the cars, the people. It will help you to clear your mind.
- Make a list of your favourite things. Your favorite songs, favourite movies, favourite people.
- Call a friend just to say hello.
- Look at yourself in the mirror. Look into your own eyes and say “you have survived this far and you will survive this too. You will be much stronger, wiser and happier after all of these feelings are gone”.
Do you have 5 minutes for yourself every morning? If you have i can give you some great tips about how you can use that 5 minutes to turn your everyday a great day . If you don’t, i suggest you to reconsider your priorities in life and create those small 5 minutes.
Let’s face it, waking up with a smiling face, calm mind and a body with full energy is not an easy task. Life has it’s ups and downs. When ıt comes to down times, you need proper tools to survive. Starting your day with a positive mind, energetic body is one of the most powerful tools that you can use.
I want you to lay down in your bed and to focus on your breath, Start counting to 4 while you inhale and 6 to exhale. Do this for two minutes. Just focus on your breath. Here is your morning meditation and healthy breathing in just two minutes.
Next thing is to drink water. As soon as you wake up drink water. With a few drops of lemon if possible. You will see the difference in your immune system and your skin complexion in just a few weeks.
Now it's time to move. Don’t worry I am not talking about running 5K or doing a half hour cardio. If you are not use to it you will find an excuse to not to do it. So just stretch. Raise your right arm and stretch to your left side, and do the same for other side. Now raise both arms and strech back. And the last move is to lean forward and stretch as far down as you can, and then slowly rise again. Be careful and be aware of your body while you are doing this. Your blood is already starting to run faster, and your body has already started to rid itself of that morning laziness.
Whilst you are doing the above exercises I want you to think of 3 positive things in your life to be thankful for. It can be as big or small as you want.
And last but not least, when you look in the mirror for the first time in the morning, smile to the person you see there. They have brought you here and they deserve a smile and a thank you and some times an apology for the times you ignore them.
There you go. You are more prepared to start the day and face the challenges that the new day brings. Try reciting a morning mantra that works for you. Mine is: “I am ready and open to every miracle”.
All changes start with you. You should take good care of yourself and try to bring yourself to a good place mentally and physically. You owe it to yourself and to your loved ones.
Minor changes in life can cause huge effects. Your mind, body and soul work as one. When you make a minor change in one, it creates a ripple that effectsthem all.